It says I dont need a secret code because I bought a license in 2012 but I cant log in

I cant log in to the website

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I bought a license in 2015 and now it is read only? I dont have a secret code but cant log in

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vinceblume! Welcome to the forum!

You will only get a Secret Key if you have a 1Password Membership, which is paid with a subscription. Only users with a 1Password Membership can login to the website: if you purchased a license instead, you did not get a Secret Key, so it is normal that you are not able to login to the website.

If you want to create an account to login to the website, you can sign up for one here.

• vinceblume
    vinceblume
    Community Member

version 7.5.1
    extesnion version 4.7.5.90

• vinceblume
    vinceblume
    Community Member

Thank you. I think I understand it. I’m wondering what features do I get for the subscription that I don’t already get now? And also I was trying to put a picture of my passport and my drivers license but apparently I can’t do that anymore. I want to best security possible since I recently had some hackers try to get in. I don’t mind paying the $30 a month but I had a little trouble trying to figure out how to migrate my old license over to the new one. It would be nice to talk to somebody. I appreciate your help thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vinceblume:

A 1Password subscription offers you several additional benefits over a standalone license. You can see a description here:

About 1Password membership

I had a little trouble trying to figure out how to migrate my old license over to the new one.

We have a tutorial for that too, which you can find here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you get stuck at a specific step, please let us know though and we will be happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.