Logins and passwords dissappear

Options
drmandel
drmandel
Community Member

I may be misunderstanding, but I am having the experience of creating a Google username and password. I return to 1Password7 and cannot find it moments later!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.4 (70404001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not finding version of extension
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: How can I know this?
Referrer: forum-search:Login and passwords dissappear

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drmandel! Welcome to the forum!

What steps have you been following so far?

• drmandel
    drmandel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello — I've been user 1Password for several years, but every once in a while I cannot locate a log in that I had previously stored. So frustrating. So steps, I had to reset the password and redo all the steps all over again. I cannot determine the root cause.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drmandel:

So steps, I had to reset the password and redo all the steps all over again.

Thank you for the clarification. If you want to provide us with the exact list of steps you have followed, and in which order, we will be happy to test them here and see if we can reproduce the issue :+1:

• drmandel
    drmandel
    Community Member
    Options

I am finding that I can locate Login usernames and passwords differently in the Safari icon than exist in the "Desktop" icon? Why is that? Is there something about synching that I am not understanding?
    You seem to keep referring to steps... My steps are that when I create a username and password I save it and "most" of the time when I need to retrieve it - it is there. If you have a specific set of steps, I may not be clear what you mean by that.

• @drmandel

Do you have any vaults to be excluded from the "All Vaults" view? Perhaps thats why you're not seeing the item, as its saved to a vault set not be shown.

1Password > Preferences > Vaults

• drmandel
    drmandel
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I only have one vault. When I select the 1Password icon from Safari I can see items that I cannot see or locate or search for in the "desktop" version?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@drmandel

I want to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. drmandel
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112909/logins-and-passwords-dissappear#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security. The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you.

You will receive an automated reply with a Ticket ID. Please post that ID number back here.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see you sent us the diagnostics report @drmandel.
    Thank you, we will continue the conversation via email! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.