Using Mac & Chrome and chrome no longer controlling passwords ?

Options
DavidPalmer
DavidPalmer
Community Member

Hi Using Mac and Google chrome - set up an working OK - but all of a sudden the chrome extension stops working - and the 1pass icon turns mono - although if i look at the extension in chrome it appears to be installed correctly ? - can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.06
Sync Type: 1pass

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DavidPalmer!

This can sometimes happen if Chrome is in the middle of an update. Can you try fully quitting and relaunching Chrome once, and see if that helps?

• DavidPalmer
    DavidPalmer
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi Thanks for that - I have restarted the Mac - Removed the extension which was 1 Password X ( Which i believe is for chrome books) re installed the extension restarted again - but alas i am still drinking coffee by the gallon :( - Also noticed as well that altho it works ok The desktop icon has gone monochrome as well

• Ben
    Options

@DavidPalmer

The next time this problem occurs, so that we can get a look 'under the hood,' I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. You may need to change the To: line to this from the default before sending.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112954/using-mac-chrome-and-chrome-no-longer-controlling-passwords#latest
    • Your forum username: DavidPalmer

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• DavidPalmer
    DavidPalmer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks how do I actually create this report please ?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020
    Options

@DavidPalmer you can find those instructions by clicking on the "Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)" link above. If you have any trouble please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.