1Password X pop out unauthenticated

Options

Hi there,

I use 1Password X for work and as a shortcut to 1Password.com I authenticate via the 1Password X Chrome browser extension and then click on the "Open in new window" button to open up a 1Password.com tab.

I've noticed that if I click on that button quickly after authenticating (within a few seconds) with the extension the 1Password.com tab will ask for my password again. If I wait 5 seconds after authenticating/unlocking the 1Password X extension then click on the button it opens a 1Password.com tab authenticated.

This has been happening on both Windows 10 and macOS. I've only tested Chrome as that is my primary browser. My guess is that the token that is used to authenticate from 1Password X to the 1Password.com tab has a timestamp component that is sensitive to clock variance. Is this something that can be fixed?

Cheers,
Phillip

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password X pop out unauthenticated

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @phillipmoon! 👋

Thanks for getting this on our radar! I'll go ahead and get this reported to our developers since I was able to reproduce the issue. I generally unlock 1Password X right when I open my browser, so I can't say I'd ever come across it before today. I appreciate you reaching out about it. :)

ref: dev/core/core#1317

• phillipmoon
    phillipmoon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @kaitlyn, I look forward to the fix! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.