Can't access shared vault

amatgreen
amatgreen
Community Member

I have a family plan. I invited my sister to join. Her status is active in my account, but she can't access the shared vault on her Mac. She is using version 7.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amatgreen! Welcome to the forum!

but she can't access the shared vault on her Mac

Can you please elaborate on this a bit? What happens when she tries to access the shared vault on her Mac?

• bluemona
    bluemona
    Community Member

Hi, I have a similar problem. In my case I have added a guest user. They created their account, I confirmed it, all good. I added them to a vault. They can not see the vault or any passwords in their account on Mac OS X desktop or in browser (Chrome).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bluemona:

Can you confirm that they logged in to the correct account in the app or in the browser? This often happens if the person you invited has also created a separate 1Password account by mistake.

• bluemona
    bluemona
    Community Member

There is no other account.

• Hi @bluemona

Please have this person email us a diagnostic report from their Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (please change the default To: line to this)

With the email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/556540/#Comment_556540
    • Your forum username: bluemona

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see their diagnostics in our inbox.

They should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• bluemona
    bluemona
    Community Member

Hi Ben. Thanks for the detailed instructions. However, I just had them sign in to their 1Password again, and although initially it looked empty, and after a few moments the contents of the shared vault appeared. I also added a new item to the vault from my account and it appeared in theirs immediately. I imagine there was initially some sync lag but it seems to be working fine now.

• Thanks for the update! If you notice any delay in the future please let us know. Sync should be nearly instantaneous.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.