1Password 7.4.767 Beta for Windows is out!

Hi guys,

Hope you're staying safe! We got some nice improvements for you to try out, specifically it should now be snappy to lock and unlock 1Password.

[IMPROVED] Bringing up 1Password mini via the keyboard shortcut is more consistent when switching between various browsers, especially if it was locked. {OPW-4493}
[IMPROVED] Updated our diagnostics report to include known processes that have interfered with 1Password updates and to include any network issues it detected. {OPW-4642, OPW-4607}
[IMPROVED] Exiting and locking 1Password should be much faster now. {OPW-4591}
[IMPROVED] Database operations are slightly faster. {OPW-!2114}
[IMPROVED] 1Password mini will close after copying a username or password via Control + Shift + C. {OPW-4644}
[IMPROVED] New one-time passwords will be announced to screen readers in real time as they expire and regenerate. {OPW-4676}
[FIXED] When scrolling down the item list, the NVDA screen reader would lag by several seconds. This should be slightly more responsive. An update to NVDA is forthcoming to help with this as well. {OPW-4676, NVDA-10508}
[FIXED] The time periods in Security settings were not labeled correctly for the screen readers. {OPW-4676}
[FIXED] On certain setups, 1Password mini would close immediately after opening. {OPW-4618}
[FIXED] The 1Password lock view could reappear after locking 1Password due to a pending folder sync call. {OPW-4636}
[FIXED] Exiting 1Password and then attempting to use the 1Password extension without restarting the browser would not restart 1Password. {OPW-4629}
[FIXED] When clicking "Learn more about this security breach" in a Compromised Website banner, the site's subdomain wasn't included. {OPW-4578}
[FIXED] The wrong month was shown in the Expiring Soon banner. {OPW-4647}
[FIXED] Crash fixes for the submitted crash reports, thank you! {OPW-4660, OPW-4659}
[SECURITY] Changing email addresses and domain names will now require authenticating your 1Password account first. {OPW-4534}

Comments

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Thank you for another great update!
    The process recreation when it gets locked is really noticeably faster :chuffed:
    Up to now everything looks good :+1:

(Only the auto-update didn't kick in up to now, I had to manually install the update, but left one machine to see when the automatic update reaches the client)
    And it looks like the launch of 1Pmini got slower, about 0.1sec slower. (from ~0.8sec to ~0.9sec, in unlocked state)
    Before that update I had because of this fast clicking a problem with the 1Pmini UI. (wanted to report that right now, but then saw the update and now I couldn't reproduce it anymore) (if the icon in the icon-tray was clicked and right away the mouse was moved in the 1Pmini window it triggered a button where the mouse was at the end of the appearing animation, sometimes the pw-generator, sometimes an item)

• Hi @lumarel,

Thanks as usual for being among the first to test and give us feedback.

The process recreation when it gets locked is really noticeably faster :chuffed:

We're happy to hear that.

(Only the auto-update didn't kick in up to now, I had to manually install the update, but left one machine to see when the automatic update reaches the client)

This post may have been posted too soon, we've just updated the beta channel with the link, so it should work now. :)

And it looks like the launch of 1Pmini got slower, about 0.1sec slower. (from ~0.8sec to ~0.9sec, in unlocked state)

Hmm, I haven't noticed it. I wonder if that's due to checking if you have browser in front. Does it appear to be quicker if you click the 1Password icon on the notification tray area?

(if the icon in the icon-tray was clicked and right away the mouse was moved in the 1Pmini window it triggered a button where the mouse was at the end of the appearing animation, sometimes the pw-generator, sometimes an item)

Technically, that's the emulated click we sent to focus 1Password but it is only supposed to run the code once the window is rendered. That's one of the adjustments we made in this beta update to address this issue: [FIXED] On certain setups, 1Password mini would close immediately after opening. {OPW-4618}

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Hey @MikeT,
    As always, you're welcome! :chuffed:

This post may have been posted too soon, we've just updated the beta channel with the link, so it should work now. :chuffed:

Ah yes, I already got it :+1:

Hmm, I haven't noticed it. I wonder if that's due to checking if you have browser in front. Does it appear to be quicker if you click the 1Password icon on the notification tray area?

Interestingly, it's the other way around:
    Any browser trigger (tested with Firefox 75.0, MS Edge 81.0): consistently 0.64-0.69 seconds (without any background jobs running, with the backup check running it was about 0.2 seconds more)
    Tray icon: 0.86-1.00 seconds (with a background job even longer)
    I triple and quadruple checked it, because I couldn't beleave that...
    (Testmethod was to use the software ScreenToGif, set a fixed high framerate and cut the area from the click until the fully appeared window)

Technically, that's the emulated click we sent to focus 1Password but it is only supposed to run the code once the window is rendered.

Ah okay, that's really good, so I wouldn't have to wait anymore :chuffed: (to not trigger any unwanted item)

• @lumarel,

Interestingly, it's the other way around:

What about the actual data in mini, is it refreshing as it loads or was the data done already?

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

I was not sure right now @MikeT,

So I retested it again with both cases, so it had one time to refresh the content and one time not.
    The times are in the same time range as before :+1: (so there is no difference)

I think I should mention that this is the 1Password "legacy" browser extension in the newest stable version 4.7.5.90, not 1Password X

• Thenollyon
    Thenollyon
    Community Member

Oddly, following this update, the beta no longer saw my license file and showed my access as Read Only. Fortunately, I had the license file saved and was able to import the license file to correct. The read only alert went away after the license import. However, I still could not edit any records within 1Pass so after closing and restarting 1Pass beta, I am back in business.

• MikeT
    edited April 2020

Hi @Thenollyon,

We don't touch your data outside of 1Password, the 1Password license is stored in your Windows' credentials store.

Do you use CCleaner or any cleaning tools to clean up your PC?

This discussion has been closed.