Second vault always signed out

Hi,

I am a member of two 1Password Families. I have the latest 1Password Mac app and the latest 1Password X installed within Chrome.

If I open 1Password X and sign authenticate then my first account works fine but the second account is ALWAYS signed out. How can I ensure that when I sign in that both families vaults are available straight away? Also, the option to integrate with the Desktop app that I have on my other laptop (incidentally where I don't have this issue) does show the option.

This has been bugging me for months now and have finally got around to come here and see if someone can help!

Thankyou,
Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rctneil! I'm glad you brought this up. In order to unlock both of your 1Password accounts at the same time in 1Password X, they'll need to have the same Master Password.

For Desktop App Integration, you'll need to have both the 1Password X beta as well as the 1Password for Mac beta installed. You can find them below:

1Password X beta for Chrome
    1Password for Mac beta

Let me know if you have any trouble!

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

@kaitlyn Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that the reason I can just sign in and see both accounts on my Personal machine is because I have the beta's of the Mac app and 1PW X?

On my Work machine I don't have the beta's. Does that sound correct?

If so then are my two options the following:

Either:

1. Update Work machine to use beta versions of the Mac app and 1PW X

or

1. Set the Master Password of both 1PW Families accounts to be the same.

Am I just speaking nonsense or does this make sense?

Stay safe,
    Neil

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@rctneil – You're exactly right. The 1Password desktop apps operate a bit differently than 1Password X. You'll unlock the desktop apps with the Master Password for the account that was first added. Whereas with 1Password X, each account must be unlocked separately (unless they share the same Master Password). Both of the options you laid out are correct as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I hope you're staying healthy out there. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.