Mac os Catalina/Chrome - Setup and fingerprint

Options
funkyPassword
funkyPassword
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having problems with browsers extensions. I have a 2019 macbook pro 16inch with a built-in fingerprint reader. I managed to download and install 1Password 7 (Version 7.4.3 (70403002) from 1Password Store. I can log in and view all of my passwords.

I mostly use Chrome (Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)), which browser extension should I use to be able to use my fingerprint in the browser instead of my long master password? 1Password 7 takes me to (https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers) and follow the chrome extension link here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/related.

I installed 1Password extension (desktop app required) 4.7 but when I visit sites with username/password fields I do not see the 1password icon in the relevant fields. I tried installing 1Password x and signing it but it kept telling me I was using an unsupported browser.

Any help greatly appreciated

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @funkyPassword

1Password X supports Touch ID in a beta version. The 1Password desktop app extension supports it natively, but does not have 1Password X's feature of showing up within login form fields. With the desktop app extension you would activate it with the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ or by clicking on the icon in the browser's toolbar.

You can read more about the beta integration for 1Password X here:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Ben

• To follow up on what Ben said, make sure to have only one version of the extension enabled at any one time. If both remain enabled, you could experience unexpected results.

• funkyPassword
    funkyPassword
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply, I've decided to give the beta's ago. I removed the chrome extension 4.7 and updated the desktop app to
    1Password 7
    Version 7.5.BETA-1 (70500001)
    1Password Beta

When I open the chrome extension i get:

When I click sign in, it takes me to an "Unsupported browser page" even though I am using chrome

• Ben
    Options

@funkyPassword

What version of Chrome do you have installed? Do you have any extensions other than 1Password X installed?

Ben

• funkyPassword
    funkyPassword
    Community Member
    Options

🤦‍♂️ Sorry for wasting your time. I just closed the browser down completely and started again. As soon as it started there was a "Welcome to 1Password" tab. and it all seems to be working now.

To answer your question I'm using Chrome (Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)),

thank you so much for providing this support. Very much appreciated.

• @funkyPassword

No problem at all. If you need us, reach out. We're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.