Can't copy anything from the Extension

Hi,

I'm using the latest beta (1.18.6) and Google Chrome Canary (82.0.4081.0). For some time now I can't copy any fields from the 1Password X extension anymore, regardless of whether I tab-navigate and press Return to copy or click the button with my mouse.

Cheers,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hpz13!

I was able to reproduce this issue on Chrome Canary and 1Password X Beta. Just out of curiosity, are you able to copy and paste properly in regular Chrome?

• hpz13
    hpz13
    Community Member

Hi,

copying in Google Chrome seems to be fine, so I guess it's related to Canary? Other extensions in Chrome Canary still seem to work fine (for example NordPass).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

@hpz13:

Yes, this seems limited to Chrome Canary. Thank you for the confirmation. I have opened an issue in our internal tracker so our developers can look at this.

Thank you for the report!

ref: dev/core/core#1127

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana,

I'm also experiencing this issue. Details can be copied after several times of trying.

I'm currently in the process of fixing my main Windows laptop. In the mean time I'm using an Acer Chromebook running Chrome (Dev Channel) version 82.0.4079.0 (64 bit) on ChromeOS.

Hope this helps,
    Ross

• Thanks for the additional info, @rbstrachan! I've gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users. Canary does seem to be the only version of Chrome this is reproducible on so far. We'll keep you updated in this thread if we come up with anything new.

• aidancopps
    aidancopps
    Community Member

Also experiencing this issue using 1Password X version 1.18.6 and Microsoft Edge Dev version 82.0.446.0 (64-bit).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@aidancopps:

Thank you for the confirmation :+1:

• hpz13
    hpz13
    Community Member

It was fixed for a while, but re-appeared now (might be more related to recent Chrome Canary updates, as 1Password didn't receive an update I believe). Just wanted to let you know @ag_ana

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member

@ag_ana @hpz13 Can confirm. Could copy before with some persitance but now can't copy at all. Not sure if 1PX received an update or not but could definitely be a Chrome update.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@hpz13 @rbstrachan – Thanks for the update! We're aware of the issue, and we're working towards a fix. Keep an eye out for future updates. :)

This discussion has been closed.