To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to delete all Archived Items?

JohnnyWoong
JohnnyWoong
Community Member

I got many Archived Items(like 2000+,cause import did not works as my hope),how to delete all by one time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JohnnyWoong: If you mean item history in a 1Password.com account, there is no way to delete everything at once. items deleted from Trash will expire and be cleared completely after one year; otherwise you could delete them individually, or start over with a new account if it is important to you to not have any of that.

• JohnnyWoong
    JohnnyWoong
    Community Member

@brenty

I mean this list,how to delete all?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JohnnyWoong: Thanks for confirming. That's what I was referring to as well. There is no way to destroy your entire item history archive at once. It's certainly something we can consider adding in the future, but I think it's come up maybe only two times before -- and that's less than once per year the 1Password.com has existed. Can you tell me why you want to do that? Those items are only visible if you dig into the Trash and then also select Archive.

• JohnnyWoong
    JohnnyWoong
    Community Member

Thanks, now i got it,i want to do that cause i think i saw it is not empty then feel a little uncomfortable😂

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, sorry if that came as a bit of a surprise. I think you'll find it can be really useful though if you delete the wrong thing, or make a change you regret. I know I've done that, and having this extra safety net can be a real relief. :)

• pedrogarcia
    pedrogarcia
    Community Member

I'm in that same situation. I have thousands of items in history that I don't want to be there. I don't want those items, that I deleted, and explicitly also deleted from Trash, to be archived.

• @pedrogarcia

Thanks for the feedback. You can purge them from the archive, but at present would have to do so item-by-item.

Ben

• 1passwordUserGuy
    1passwordUserGuy
    Community Member

I also want all these items deleted at once. I deleted them and emptied the trash because I don't want you to have them. At all. I never wanted your cloud service to have them to begin with.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1passwordUserGuy:

Thank you for your feedback! If you created your 1Password account by mistake, you can delete it.

• rudenkopro
    rudenkopro
    Community Member

brenty,

"There is no way to destroy your entire item history archive at once. It's certainly something we can consider adding in the future, but I think it's come up maybe only two times before -- and that's less than once per year the 1Password.com has existed. Can you tell me why you want to do that?"

I have a Families subscription. I use the home user at home and use the guest user at work. It is often necessary to briefly transfer an account to a guest user, use it, then transfer it back or delete it. There can be up to 50 such transfers per month. Using the working user, after transferring the login or deleting the login, he remains in the "archived". The computer is in the office and, in my absence, the system administrator has physical access to it. Used by Google Chrome + 1Password X (both accounts have 2FA). When leaving the workplace, I log out of my Google account (to block access and stop synchronization), I block 1Password X. If the company uses a keylogger, when using a password from Google, the system administrator will not be able to log in due to 2FA. When using the master password 1Password X, which I use when unlocking, the administrator will gain access to the guest user. He can also go to the basket and "archived". Removing 50 logins every month manually for 1 element is long and not convenient. To delete from the "archived" every time something appears there is not convenient. Adding the “delete all” button to “archived” would be convenient. Analogy: in the Gmail basket there is a "empty basket" button, and the basket is automatically emptied once a month - the user has the choice to either empty it "here and now" or do nothing and the basket will be empty itself.

• Thanks @rudenkopro. One person using multiple accounts within a membership isn't really a case that we designed for when building 1Password.com. We'll have to do some more brainstorming on that. I certainly understand how that can be helpful in some situations, and I've even pointed that possibility out to folks before. But because it wasn't really intended to be used that way there are bound to be some oddities when trying to force a use case that wasn't planned.

Ben

• rudenkopro
    rudenkopro
    Community Member

Ben,

i understand, thank you for the answer!

• Sure thing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.