New iPhone Primary vault issue

TkPk
TkPk
Community Member

Situation: Had an old iPhone with Primary (local) vault and a subscription set of vaults. I logged in using either my subscription password or fingerprint.

Just did a phone backup and restore to a new device. Now 1Password on the new phone is prompting for a Master Password and it's not the one that I use for my subscription and, of course, fingerprint isn't setup yet. Is it asking for the old Primary vault password? If so, anyway to recover this? :-)

1Password Version: 7.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TkPk
    TkPk
    Community Member

I have a old synched copy of the old phone Primary vault on a usb stick and that opens using 1password on Windows, without requiring a password. Unfortunately, the data isn't up to date.

Any idea what password the new iPhone is asking for?

• TkPk
    TkPk
    Community Member

I solved the problem by signing into the old phone and moving all items from the Primary vault to a new "backup" vault in the subscription. That ensured I had all the data in my subscription. Then I deleted 1Password from the new phone and reinstalled it, signing into the subscription account. Now I can see all the data.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TkPk!

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you managed to get this sorted out already :)

Any idea what password the new iPhone is asking for?

1Password was asking you for the password of the Primary vault on your old iPhone. From what you wrote, it sounds like you chose a different Master Password for this old Primary vault than the one you chose for your 1Password account.

This discussion has been closed.