There are suddenly 2 of each item in Shared vault.

jbhpassword
jbhpassword
Community Member

I have no idea how this happened. I thought I was using 1Password properly. All of the sudden, there are two of each entry (password, login, credit card, etc.) in my Shared Vault. I have two vaults, Shared and Personal. Personal has 0 entries.

Recently I changed the Master Password. And 1Password has been challenging me to log back in from my various devices. Could this be the cause.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.4 (70404001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:duplate entries

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbhpassword! Welcome to the forum!

Changing the Master Password does not move items from one vault to another, so I don't think that's the cause. Do you see the duplicates even when you login to your account on 1Password.com in a browser?

• jbhpassword
    jbhpassword
    Community Member

Yes.

• jbhpassword
    jbhpassword
    Community Member

Add'l Info ... Both entries are in the same shared vault.

However, the 2nd entry has an additional field in the record. Under a "tags" field, the entry "1PIF Import 3-30-20" exists. The text is white on a blue background, almost like the text is selected.

Might this be helpful information?

• @jbhpassword

It sounds like you, or someone this vault is shared with, imported a copy of the vault on March 30th. If that wasn't the intention and created duplicates you may wish to delete all of the items tagged as "1PIF Import 3-30-20." Additionally I'd recommend tracking down who did that, and deleting the 1PIF file that they have, as 1PIFs are unencrypted exports. They aren't protected by 1Password.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• WillRHoward
    WillRHoward
    Community Member

I may not be using the vault and sharing features correctly. I have created multiple vaults for myself and family members. I have copied items I want the whole family to be able to access to a "Family Passwords" vault. Now I have duplicates of the items. When and if I edit or update an item I only want make that edit once. Do I now need to delete the items from the original vault(s)? Thanks for advice and patience; this is a new feature to me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@WillRHoward:

I have copied items I want the whole family to be able to access to a "Family Passwords" vault. Now I have duplicates of the items.

This is why you have duplicates: you copied them from one vault to the other, so you now have two copies.

When you want to move items from one vault to another, you have the choice to move them items, or copy them. In your case, it sounds like what you want is to move them instead.

Do I now need to delete the items from the original vault(s)?

Yes, if you only want these items in one place (the destination vault), you can remove them from the original vault.

• WillRHoward
    WillRHoward
    Community Member

Thanks, much appreciated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @WillRHoward!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.