Bug: When creating a new login on Mac version, that newly created item is auto-marked as Favorite

miguelmanalo
miguelmanalo
Community Member

Hello,

New here. Love the app. Thanks for your hard work.

I don't know how long this has been happening for me.

Whenever I create a new login from the Mac app it is set as a favorite by default. I wish it wouldn't do this because I then have to un-fave it. It did it after I created my new login for this forum.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @miguelmanalo

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. That's one I haven't heard before... Could you please walk me through the process you're using to save Login items? Also, which browser and 1Password extension version is this happening with? Thanks.

Ben

• miguelmanalo
    miguelmanalo
    Community Member

For the most recent example, with this forum I didn’t use the browser extension or the browser.

I hit Command N to start a new item while inside 1P and typed the details in myself.

• @miguelmanalo

Did you perhaps have "Favorites" selected in the left-hand sidebar while creating this item? That is the only way I've been able to make this happen on my setup.

Ben

• miguelmanalo
    miguelmanalo
    Community Member

Oh maybe! That sounds like like what’s going on.

Though I’d say as a user just because I’m inside Favorites doesn’t mean the new thing I’m making should also be a new fave, you know?

But at least I now know a workaround.

Thank you, Ben! I now have new knowledge.

• Thanks for the feedback. :) I'm glad to hear we were able to come up with an explanation. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.