Post duplicate item questions

dvo llc
dvo llc
Community Member

Hello.

I have duplicate entries on my Android phone but not on my laptop. Learning from the forum, I see I have a Primary vault plus others that were created when I upgraded from v6 to v7. I also learned from the forum that I don’t need the Primary any more if I want to sync across my devices via the cloud (which I do). So my questions are:

• How do I know that the Primary and Private are sync’d…I.e. have the same data before deleting the Primary?
  • Am I really deleting the Primary since I don’t see it on 1password.com?
  • How do I delete the Primary vault on my phone?
  • On the phone, there is a “Vault for saving” screen. Are the checkboxes next to the vaults presented representing which boxes new items are saved to?
  • If so, does this mean I can save one item to multiple vaults at the time of creating/updating?
  • Is the grey line running across this screen that separates Primary from the “David’s Family” set of two vaults indicate that the Primary is a local and only a local vault?

Thanks for your time.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

Hi @dvo llc!

How do I know that the Primary and Private are sync’d…I.e. have the same data before deleting the Primary?

You will have to compare them manually if you have been using them both for a while. Sorting by date created or date modified should make the process easier however.

Am I really deleting the Primary since I don’t see it on 1password.com?

I am not sure I understand this question, but I can say it is normal that you don't see your Primary vault on 1Password.com, because it's not stored there. A Primary vault is stored on a third-party server, like iCloud or Dropbox, or just locally on your device.

How do I delete the Primary vault on my phone?

1. Open 1Password for Android on your device
    2. Tap Settings > Advanced
    3. Tap Delete Primary Vault.

On the phone, there is a “Vault for saving” screen. Are the checkboxes next to the vaults presented representing which boxes new items are saved to?
    If so, does this mean I can save one item to multiple vaults at the time of creating/updating?

No, you can only save items in one vault at the time. This vault is the one configured under the "Vault for Saving" menu. The other checkboxes next to your other vaults indicate which vaults are shown in All Vaults view.

Is the grey line running across this screen that separates Primary from the “David’s Family” set of two vaults indicate that the Primary is a local and only a local vault?

It indicates that this vault is stored outside of 1Password.com, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's local only. If you configured Dropbox sync for it, for example, it would be synced to Dropbox.

• dvo llc
    dvo llc
    Community Member

Thank you ag_ana.

Re: How do I know that the Primary and Private are sync’d…I.e. have the same data before deleting the Primary?
    Since prior to my upgrade to v7, I used 1Password only local as I sync'd via WLAN, is it safe to assume I was no longer interacting with the Primary vault once I upgraded to v7? I am guessing it is a safe assumption and therefore, I am good to simply delete the Primary vault as I see no use for it. (Unless there is a use that I just don't see and you do.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dvo llc:

Since prior to my upgrade to v7, I used 1Password only local as I sync'd via WLAN, is it safe to assume I was no longer interacting with the Primary vault once I upgraded to v7?

Typically yes, but there is also the chance that you moved your data to 1Password.com, but you continued to save new items into your Primary vault. If you login to 1Password.com, do you notice any items that you have recently created missing from there? This would be an indication that there are some items in your old Primary vault that you still should move over.

Another method which could help you with this is to sort your items in the Primary vault by date created or date modified. This will allow you to see if you made any changes to that vault recently.

• dvo llc
    dvo llc
    Community Member

Thank you ag_ana. I never paid attention to the sorting of the items to help with the comparison. I'll add this to my to-do list. You've been very helpful.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @dvo llc, I am glad I could help :) Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.