What happened to the padlock when you close 1password on an iMac

robcharm26
robcharm26
Community Member

Before some updates, the padlock icon would lock and unlock when I entered my master password. Now that feature does no work. I have a late 2017 4K IMac. This password app was given to me a close friend, who had a license for some number of computers. He passed away a few years ago and I never asked for th e license number,. Any info on the lock problem would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What happened to the padlock when you close 1password on an iMac

Comments

• Hi @robcharm26

This is what the lock screen should look like (using macOS dark mode):

As for the license situation, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113136/what-happened-to-the-padlock-when-you-close-1password-on-an-imac#latest
    • Your forum username: robcharm26

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.