Want to Always reveal passwords

Windows 10. I am using latest 1PX installed in Edge ( I do not see the Beta box so I guess it is not Beta). Is there a setting to always reveal passwords like there is in 1P app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to always reveal passwords

Comments

• @break80

I think Control + Option is the one you are looking for. More shortcuts can be found at the bottom of the page (link). I tend to click except for the quick reveal. Though I should say that shortcuts are growing on me. :)

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

• break80
    break80
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_tommy,

Yes, I knew about that one. Unfortunately in Edge for Windows 10, Ctrl-Alt only turns on "reveal" momentarily, until you let go of the keys. I am looking for the option that defaults to reveal, like I have done in my 1P App version. Does anyone know if it exists, and if no why not, or when will it be available?

break80

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying that for us, @break80! That's not a feature that's currently available in 1Password X. This is actually the first time I've heard of it being requested, so I'll go ahead and file a feature request so my team can discuss it.

ref: dev/core/core#1365

• break80
    break80
    Community Member

I wonder why not? Someone wanted it since it is part of the 1P app. For years I have “revealed always” using DataVault. Thanks for adding to request list. Break80

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@break80 – I'd say lesser folks would want their passwords revealed at all times, but that doesn't mean there aren't users on both sides of the spectrum. I've passed the request along.

Take care!

This discussion has been closed.