Pixel 3a "not supported" error [supported, but under investigation]

schollin
schollin
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Android

Will the app be updated to support pixel 3a devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@schollin: It is supported on Pixel 3a. We're using it here. So this is pretty confusing. Can you tell me more about your setup? Have you modified or customized the device or settings that would impact compatibility with the Play Store? Most common is display settings. Any details you could provide would be helpful. :)

• schollin
    schollin
    Community Member

I guess I'm just as confused then. No modification whatsoever.

Oddly enough I'm getting similar issues with android auto and Google opinion rewards but all my other apps work fine.

I guess I can try a factory reset? What display settings might be incorrect?

• Thanks for the update, @schollin. Since you're seeing the issue with other apps as well, I'm inclined to believe the issue is on the device. Can you try adjusting your display settings according to Saad's steps here?
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86922/device-not-compatible-error-on-samsung-galaxy-s7#latest

• schollin
    schollin
    Community Member

I wound up factory resetting the device and setting it up without the cable transfer this time. Everything is working as expected now.

Not sure what was wrong with it but at least it's fixed.

• Thanks for the update, @schollin. I'm glad you got everything working properly!

• Out of curiosity, @schollin, can you let me know what carrier you're using? We're trying to figure out why certain people are seeing this error.

• schollin
    schollin
    Community Member

I'm using Verizon and the cable transfer was from a Samsung S6 edge+. I used the same SIM in both phones.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Interesting. The one thing in common with previous reports like this was that they were all Samsung devices. I wonder if you've got a zombie, with some settings migrating from the old device that are messing with this. We'll see if others experiencing the same thing also migrated data from a Samsung device, and if doing a factory reset on the new device resolves it.

• Thanks for the input! There may indeed be something fishy going on here. We'll continue to look into this.

• PetaW
    PetaW
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue on a Google Pixel 3a. I have a Pixel 3 and it works fine, but on my daughter's 3a it's always said it's unsupported in the Google Play store. The instructions linked to in this thread seem to be Samsung specific.

• Hi @PetaW. Are you using the default display settings on this device? Also, has it recently been factory reset?

• PetaW
    PetaW
    Community Member

As far as I can tell it is set to the default display settings. We tried when she very first got the phone around 6 months ago and have tried regularly since then. She has not done a factory reset.

• Thanks for the update, @PetaW. Does she have any pending app updates in the Play Store? If so, can she update everything and try installing 1Password again?

• EK01
    EK01
    Community Member

Hi there/ I've just migrated to a Pixel 3a from an Apple. I cannot seem to download your app from the Google store as it is not available there.

When I go to your online site and try to download the Android version, the following message pops up "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

I'm on the FIDO network in Canada.

• @EK01 Let's continue the conversation in your email thread. :)

This discussion has been closed.