Synch. between my Mac and my IOS doesn't work

Options
Cerberus
Cerberus
Community Member

Hi, I've been searching and trying to get the synch done for over an hour. I only found out coincidentally. I though it did automatically per W Lan as it used to be. I'm running Vers. 7.4.3 on my mac and 7.5.2 on my IPhone. It's hard to describe since my devices run on German language. Anyone can advise me on how to do it manually? I tried per the given steps in the menu but each time I hit "Synchronize per WLan server the GUI gives me some instructions on how to open 1password for Mac etc. I did so but it won't synchronize anyway. Did I miss s.th? Any help much appreciated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Cerberus

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your devices. WLAN sync is no longer a solution we recommend. If you'd like to try troubleshooting it we offer a guide which may be of help:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

That said, 1Password membership is the recommended way forward. All of your devices sync smoothly and automatically simply by signing into your 1Password.com account. You can read more about that here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, it works fine now. may I ask the reason why you're not recommending W Lan Synch? I assume it is a security reason? Also, as for 1Password membership, I'm only using one phone and one computer. My budget is too tight to justify a membership.

• Ben
    Options

WLAN sync is the most complex to setup and maintain sync option that we offer, which is the primary reason we no longer recommend it. I'm glad to hear you were able to get it working.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.