Cannot add the Firefox extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: Version 4.6.2.626 Stand alone version.

Comments

• Brian8181
    Brian8181
    Community Member

I have 1Password 4. I understand that the program no longer works with Chrome but Firefox should work. However, I am unable to configure for Firefox as I cannot add the 1Password extension. Please help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brian8181! Welcome to the forum!

I am unable to configure for Firefox as I cannot add the 1Password extension

Can you please elaborate on this? What happens exactly when you try to add the 1Password extension?

• Brian8181
    Brian8181
    Community Member

When I search for the 1 Password extension the only option I have is "1 Password X – Password Manager" this only seems to work for the licensed version of 1 Password and not my standalone version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Brian8181:

Thank you for the clarification. In that case, please install the companion browser extension instead of 1Password X.

• Brian8181
    Brian8181
    Community Member

Thank you for this information. I downloaded the extension from the link you provided and asked Firefox to install the downloaded file. However, when asking 1 Password to produce a password, nothing happened.

• Hey @Brian8181

I would suggest a restart of the browser and 1Password. It sounds like the communication between the two is not working correctly. Also, please make sure to uninstall 1Password X, if you installed it. Having two instances of the browser extension running at the same time can cause problems with communication.

• Brian8181
    Brian8181
    Community Member

Still no success. After a full reboot, the 1Password icon in the top right-hand corner of the Firefox browser is grayed out. Right clicking on the 1Password icon allows me to manage this extension but it suggests it is working, but it isn't working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Brian8181:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.