Note wiped out accidentally - thought I lost my data

EnerJi
EnerJi
Community Member

Hello,

Just ran into an issue on the latest (Beta 6) which wiped out an important note file. When I realized what had happened, I immediately turned WiFi and mobile data off on my phone, but it had already synced to my computer. Fortunately, I see there is now a way to restore item history on 1password.com, which seems to have restored my data.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I was editing a note file with several important fields and labels, and I needed to exit out to do something. I got a pop-up from 1Password which I dismissed immediately without reading it (mistake, I know), and suddenly my note file was blank. It was probably asking me if I wanted to save, and I was fine with losing my most recent edit, but why did it wipe the entire note?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EnerJi!

It would be difficult to say what happened without knowing what the message said I am afraid. Please let us know if this happens again or if you can reproduce this, and feel free to send us a screenshot of the message so we can see exactly what 1Password was telling you.

This discussion has been closed.