How do I move an account from one category to another?

mbowers79
mbowers79
Community Member

I've imported a large number of items. I've started to tag them but would rather move them to the proper category, how do I do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I move an item from one category to another?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mbowers79! Welcome to the forum!

You cannot change the category of an item after creating it in a specific one (the only exceptions are Password items, which can be converted to Login items). This is because the templates for the various categories are very different from each other.

If you want to change the category of a large number of items, you might want to import the items again with a CSV file that imports them to the category you want:

Create a CSV file to import into 1Password

At the end of the page you will see the format that your CSV file must have so that 1Password can import items to a specific category.

• carlsondavidh
    carlsondavidh
    Community Member

I"m a new (30-day trial) user considering changing from lastpass (which I've used for a very long time). I've successfully migrated all my accts/pwds to 1password. I must say, I find the categories thing the single most confusing aspect of 1password and not very helpful. Somehow, all the categories were assigned in the transfer process (mysteriously to me), I can't see which category each item is in by looking at the it and I can't change the category if I don't want it in that category (at least it seems I can't do any of these things very easily). Not sure yet if this is a deal stopper for me for continuing but it sure is problematic.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@carlsondavidh:

What categories were assigned to your imported items exactly?

This discussion has been closed.