Update Existing Login

Hello,

I am new to 1Password and I am trying to update existing passwords. Every time I change my password I am not getting prompts to update existing logins. It just seems to save my newly generated password separately along side my previous log-in.

My Auto-save preferences are enabled, so this is not the issue. I have been trying to follow the steps exactly from the YouTube example video, but it does not seem to work.

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonnyh! Welcome to the forum!

What browser is this happening with, and what version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in that browser?

• jonnyh
    jonnyh
    Community Member

This is with Safari, so the one tied to the app.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jonnyh:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, do you see the 1Password browser extension in the list there, and is it enabled? It should look like this:

• jonnyh
    jonnyh
    Community Member

Yes, that's all fine. I actually just tried to change my password on two other websites which worked fine updating the passwords.

It seems to just be twitter where I have my original login entry, then my new password just saved under the Passwords category.

It seems to not recognise that my new password saved under https://twitter.com/settings/password should be part of the log in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jonnyh:

In certain cases, 1Password won't be able to update the Login directly, so it will save the new password under the Password category for safekeeping. In these cases, please copy this password and store it in the relevant Login item to update it manually. You can then delete the duplicate Password item to clean up the list.

This discussion has been closed.