Newly created website accounts and saved URLs?

BaronKrause
BaronKrause
Community Member

What do most of you do when creating a new account on a site? Do you let 1Password save the credentials on the registration page where it generates the password and just leave it, letting it save the sites URL as the registration page and with additional unnecessary items in the "Web Form Details", or do you go back and edit or copy the password and trash/recreate the entry from the actual sites login page?

I'm not sure if I should just leave them and ignore the easily clickable url functionality with the "go" button next to it (that granted, never Really gets used) or whats "under the hood" with the "Web Form Details" or if I should be changing them after by recreating the entries.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BaronKrause!

Do you let 1Password save the credentials on the registration page where it generates the password and just leave it, letting it save the sites URL as the registration page and with additional unnecessary items in the "Web Form Details",

If 1Password prompts me to create a Login item, and it is able to fill this information on the website afterwards, with the information it has saved, then I do not edit anything. This means I also never manually change the Web Form Details that 1Password creates, if things work.

This discussion has been closed.