Is the Firefox Beta add-on not getting updated?

I'm running 1.72.2.beta which was released on 10/18/19.
But reading the Release Notes it's been updated to 1.72.3.beta on 11/6/19.
I tried to force update add-ons, no go.
I re-downloaded the link posted in here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/523572/#Comment_523572
That link goes to latest.xpi so I would've thought it was the latest.

I'm hoping the Integration with the 1P Beta Mac client can be resolved.

1Password Version: 7.4-BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.72.2 Firefox
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @NeckBeardPrince! Thanks for bringing this up. We've been having a bit of trouble with the Firefox beta, so I'm not able to get it to update to 1.17.3 on my end either. We're planning on publishing a new beta in the near future to help with this, however, it won't have any updates in regards to Desktop App Integration. Could you let me know what's going wrong? I may be able to help you out with it in the meantime, even while you have version 1.17.2 installed.

• NeckBeardPrince
    NeckBeardPrince
    Community Member

@kaitlyn All I ever get is the "Unable to establish connection with the 1Password desktop app" message.
    I noticed when I click on 1Password Mini it's asking me to install the 1Password Extension in Firefox.
    Just to be clear I only have 1PasswordX add-on and 1Password Beta Mac client.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@NeckBeardPrince – If you wouldn't mind, it'd be helpful to see both a diagnostics report from your computer and your 1Password X logs. That should help me get to the bottom of it. Could you send those to be over email? Here are the instructions:

You can email them to support+x@1password.com. Please include a link to this forum post so we can match them up. We'll take a look and go from there!

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I'm having the same issue of the Firefox 1Password beta (v1.19.0) claiming it is unable to establish a connection with a desktop app (I have IPassword 7.4.3 installed), and refuses to unlock with Touch ID. I'm going to go back to the standard extension until this is fixed as my master password is very long and I'd prefer to use TouchID to open the extension. Using Firefox 74.0.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chrism229:

As mentioned above in this discussion, you need to update to 1Password for Mac beta too in order to use Desktop App Integration. You wrote that you are running 1Password 7.4.3 though, which is the stable version.

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member

Why, thank you - in swapping from a MacBook Air to a MacBook Pro I had overlooked the need to remember to turn on betas. Thanks very much!
    PS It worked. You're good at this!

• On behalf of ag_ana, you're welcome.

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Ah, but now it comes back again! Still running 1Password X Beta extension. Today I get notified that there is a new version of 1Password, and it updates from 7.5-Beta1 to 7.5 (betas checked in the update section of prefs). The extension in Firefox updates to 1.20.0 (still says it's the beta version), and the extension will no longer unlock with Touch ID. Restarted Firefox, same result. Restarted the Mac, still the same behaviour. The 1Password 7 desktop app will unlock with TouchID, but the 1PWX beta extension will not.

• @chrism229

For Desktop App Integration to work, you will also need the 1Password for Mac beta. Version 7.5 (non beta) was released not long ago, and a beta will hopefully be published soon. A new beta will resolve this behavior. I would make sure beta's a turned on in 1Password, in preparation of a beta release.

https://support.1password.com/betas/

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member

OK, so wait for new beta of the desktop app and use the standard extension in the meantime?

• @chrism229

Check for updates as a new beta was released moments ago.

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member

Version 7.5.1.BETA-0 (70501000) installed and TouchID works again! Thanks once more for the speediest support in the world.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020

You're welcome from the entire team. :)

This discussion has been closed.