Safari App Extension Issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: Desktop Integration Broke After Upgrade.

Comments

• Tony W
    Tony W
    Community Member

My Mac, 10.15.5 2nd public beta, updated the desktop application to the latest beta, 7.5.1 BETA 0 today, and now my desktop integration with my Safari extension beta, 7.5.1 beta 0, is broken. I've tried force quitting both as well as restarting. I checked, I do have "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" and "Detect new usernames..." both enabled. When I click upon the icon for the extension in the Safari Menu Bar nothing happens. Usually, restarting the computer will get a new version of the extension working normally, but not so this time. My work around is to paste the password in from the desktop app.

• Hi @Tony W

Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install the 1Password beta from our website: https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/mac7/1Password-7.5.1.BETA-0.pkg
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Tony W
    Tony W
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your detailed clear instructions which completely restored normal operation of the 1Password extension. I will keep the printout of your instructions with my copy of Missing Manual for the next time, should there be one. Again, thank you

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.