Thoroughly confused about vaults

Options
vjtedesco3
vjtedesco3
Community Member

I am a longtime 1Password user (since version 3) I am tired of the mess I have since transitioning to version 7). I have two vaults.

1. The first is "Primary" and it is on iCloud. It is my up to date, curated vault with 677 items. In preferences, 1Password on my Mac is set to always open "Primary" and it is the "vault for saving." I have "Primary" set to sync to iCloud and all my iOS devices are all set to open and sync to "Primary."
  2. I also have a legacy vault -my original vault from back when I first started using the app - stored locally on my Mac. It is named "Personal" and contains 841 out-dated items. I cannot find a way to delete it.

When I open my.1passord.com, I only see "Personal." I only want one vault ("Primary") and I want it syncing across my devices and on my.1password.com. How do I make "Personal" disappear and make this work the way I want it?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vjtedesco3

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd be happy to help you get on the right path here. Personal is the correct vault to be using, and Primary should be deleted. Here is what I'd recommend, if you don't want to keep any of the items currently in the Personal vault:

1. Print your Emergency Kit from 1Password.com: Get to know your Emergency Kit
    2. In 1Password for Mac use the vault switcher at the top left of the app to switch to Personal
    3. Select all of the items in the Personal vault using Cmd+A
    4. From the menu bar select Item > Move to Trash
    5. Use the menu bar option Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account
    6. Verify that the Primary vault has been deleted from 1Password for Mac
    7. On each of your iOS devices uninstall and reinstall 1Password and use the Emergency Kit from step 1 to sign back into your account

Once complete all of your data should be in the Personal vault, and you should be able to see all of your data when signing in at my.1password.com. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• vjtedesco3
    vjtedesco3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick and helpful response, Ben. That fixed things, though somehow my vault grew by 14 items in the process.l

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. The increase may be attributed to standalone attachments being converted to membership Documents, which count as items in their own right.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.