Some autofill issues after the update to 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) this morning

Options

My Mac did an update to OS X 10.15.4 overnight. That seemed to prompt an update of 1Password (might have just been a coincidence). After updating to Version 7.4.3 (70403002) this morning, I noticed first that browser extensions would not work, even after reinstalling them in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. That seemed to get fixed after I restarted the system.

However, now some sites that I didn't have a problem with autofill are now not auto-filling. It seems that sites that use a login screen such as fiverr.com that have options to use google, facebook, apple etc. won't autofill. The lack of autofill seems to be random, at least for the sites I would normally log into. Other than the login screens with the social media options, I can't discern a pattern of failed autofill. Other sites work fine. Another site that doesn't autofill is zooprinting.com. Doesn't autofill with Safari, Chrome or Firefox. However, it autofills with Microsoft Edge (Mac) since that seems to use a different extension. I found out that I actually have to place the cursor inside the username field before autofill works with zooprinting.com.

Another website that is acting different is bdo.com.ph. It autofills, but the site generates a login error, even though the credentials are correct. I have to type in the credentials because copy and paste from 1Password doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance for any insights...

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:autofill doesn't work in some websites after update

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jotaeh!

Doesn't autofill with Safari, Chrome or Firefox. However, it autofills with Microsoft Edge (Mac) since that seems to use a different extension.

If you are using different extensions, can you please confirm the exact version of the 1Password browser extension that you have installed in each browser? Thank you!

• jotaeh
    jotaeh
    Community Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

I reinstalled them when I had difficulties after the 1Password update..
    Safari: 7.4.3
    Firefox: 4.7.5.90
    Chrome: 4.7.5.90
    Microsoft Edge: Version 1.19.0 I couldn't find an update for this one, so I left it alone.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jotaeh ,
    Thanks for the additional information.

Can you please elaborate and describe exactly what happens when autofilling doesn't work? Do you get an error on all websites that the username/password are incorrect? Or is 1Password not even trying to autofill (e.g. you click on Autofill but instead it opens a new 1Password window with an unrelated list of logins)?

• jotaeh
    jotaeh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, no errors messages at all from 1Password. 1Password is correctly trying to autofill because the 1Password window comes up with the correct list of logins. I suspect the BDO site is somehow "hard wired" not to accept autofill or even pasted credentials. The only way that site works is to manually type in username and password. But that's the only one that behaves in that manner. The rest of the problem websites don't display any errors.

• monkeypox88
    monkeypox88
    Community Member
    Options

Debugging the 1password extension in firefox gives me this:

Reading manifest: Warning processing key: An unexpected property was found in the WebExtension manifest.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @jotaeh .

BDO does do something funny in its login form and prevents passwords from being autofilled and copied into it. A lot of banking websites do these kind of stuff as they think it enhances security while the opposite is true, which is why we wrote this open letter to banks, so our users can send it to them as needed.

Regarding Fiverr - I saw that Fiverr is using some shadow elements in that form and also does a bunch of weird stuff, but 1Password X was able to autofill it correctly so perhaps you can give it a try: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

@monkeypox88 That error is unrelated to autofilling and can be ignored.

• jotaeh
    jotaeh
    Community Member
    Options

That's what I figured about the BDO site. I will give 1Password X a shot. Does 1Password X work with Safari yet? I use it about 90% of the time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jotaeh:

Not yet, it's available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Brave at the moment.

• jotaeh
    jotaeh
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to have 1Password X open in a separate window again, instead of a tab, or is that option still not available? Also if I want to change a login from private to shared or vice-versa, is that not possible in 1Password X?

A feature request... It would be nice if there was some way to "sync" 1Password X with 1Password Mini, so that if you're logged into one, you're also logged into the other...

Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jotaeh ,
    1Password X opens in a popup in the current tab you're using. If you're trying to edit or create a login, then it will open a new tab where you can do that.
    You can change a login item's vault (from private to shared for example) by editing it and clicking the little share icon when it opens in a new tab.

If you're on a Mac, we have a feature to integrate 1Password X with mini in the beta versions of the apps: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/#to-integrate-with-1password-for-mac

• jotaeh
    jotaeh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, so no option to open in a separate window...

Took me a while, but I found the little share icon. It doesn't display in edit mode...

Thanks for the link re the beta versions.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jotaeh You can open a certain login in a separate window, but you can't edit it there. Editing can only be done in a new tab that opens our webapp.

However if you integrate 1Password X with your desktop app, when you click on "Edit" it will open a mini window like in the second screenshot you attached here initially :)

This discussion has been closed.