mSecure to 1Password

Options
jabrah
jabrah
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried following the steps that MrC laid out to clean up my mSecure export to import it into 1Password and have failed with the attached error. I have also tried with --sepchar "," and also failed with similar error

Please help if you can! Thank you very much

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jabrah
    jabrah
    Community Member
    Options

This is resolved. I found that MSecure while allowing you freedom to create many types, has created issues for exporting and importing into this tool. I had to remove Secure Notes and a couple other non standard items and then I was able to convert with no issues. The tool works great!! Thank you @MrC

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for following up on this @jabrah. :+1: And agreed, kudos to MrC. :)

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jabrah

First, thanks for the kind words, and I'm happy to hear you were able to convert.

Second, the converter can be customized to handle your custom types; if you have many of these, and want them converted, drop me an email and we can work online. My email is at the top of the convert.pl script.

Finally, the error you saw above was due to a bogus date in your data: !10/8/2016 . I should more gracefully handle that situation (as a general rule, I let the converter fail, so that users can notice, and possibly report, issues that they might not notice otherwise).

Drop me a line if you want to discuss further.
    Enjoy 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.