How to show stored user names / passwords in 1Password

Options
nancymack
nancymack
Community Member

I can't see my stored passwords or user names. auto fill is not working on a few sites (saying password or user name incorrect) so I want to check what is stored in 1Password for these sites. But I can't see the user names or passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to show stored user names/passwords in 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nancymack

If you open the 1Password application, and select the Login item you want to view, do you see the username & password there? If the password is concealed you can press and hold the option key to reveal it. Please let me know. :)

Ben

• nancymack
    nancymack
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked, thanks! I've now verified that the stored user name and password are correct. So now different question: When I press "autofill," why does this website tell me that my password or user name is/are incorrect?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@nancymack

That would indicate that the password or username is incorrect. Possible causes are you did not save the password when updated, the website forced a password reset, or something of that nature. It's also possible you generated a password that is too long and the website is not accepting it.

• Ben
    Options

Alternatively, it is also possible that the password for the site is actually a substring of what you have saved. If you copy & paste the credentials from 1Password does that work? If so what you have saved in 1Password is likely longer than the actual password, due to a maximum number of characters that the site in question accepts.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.