Autofill requiring three attempts

I've been having an issue where autofill does nothing the first two times I try.

I'm mainly using Google Chrome but I think I may have seen this on Safari as well (not 100% sure though)

It doesn't happen all the time but it is very common.

1Password Version: 7.4.3 (70403002)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kris_Shannon!

Is this happening on a specific website?

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

It's happening on lots of sites.

The ones I really notice it on are internal company websites but that's because I'm logging into them lots of times a day.

I'm fairly confident it's also happening on public sites but I haven't got an example to hand.

I know it sometimes happens on our cPanel WHM logins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kris_Shannon:

Thank you for the confirmation! Once you find a public website where you are able to consistently reproduce this, please let us know the full URL and we will be happy to test it here for you :+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

Hey @Kris_Shannon ,
    In addition to what Ana wrote, can you please also try disabling the current 1Password extension in your browser and install this one instead.

Let us know if that extension works better when you try to autofill.

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

It turns out this is more of a delay issue. Three is just the number of times I had generally managed to click through before it works.

The next time it failed to autofill I stopped to note down details (timestamp, url, reused vs new tab, ...)

Then when I retried it worked the second time.

After that every time it failed I've paused for a couple of seconds and then tried again and it has worked on the second attempt.

I've noticed that every failure has been when clicking the extension button and then the autofill right after navigating to the page. It's possible I'm doing this before the page has fully loaded.

I've now switched to the beta extension and I'll let you know if I still see this.

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

FYI, even if the page hasn't fully loaded it's loaded enough that 1Password mini is selecting the right password suggestion.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

Thank you for the update @Kris_Shannon! I am glad to hear this. And please let us know if the beta extension helps too :+1:

• Kris_Shannon
    Kris_Shannon
    Community Member

I haven't noticed this happening in the past fortnight since I installed the beta extension.

I guess this may have been a similar underlying cause to the "Correct intermittent bug where 1Password mini would appear instead of filling" mentioned in the changelog.

• Thanks for updating us, and I am glad things are working better for you.

This discussion has been closed.