1Phone 1Password license won't sync

JCB1
JCB1
Community Member

1Password (license) on my new iPhone XR won't sync with my computer. I just installed Catalina. So both phone/computer are current versions.

Please assist. Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.9 (689000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @JCB1

The Mac application would require a separate license. You would need to apply your license to the Mac installation. 1Password 6 was sunset/discontinued in 2018.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104999/1password-6-legacy-support-information#latest

I would urge you to consider upgrading to 1Password 7, which is the successor to 1Password 6. You will be unable to use Safari in Catalina, as Apple stoped supporting the previous install method for the extension. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106774/1password-6-in-safari#latest

• JCB1
    JCB1
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I upgraded as you suggested. How do I now get my phone to sync with my computer? 1Password on my phone won't open. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JCB1:

1Password on my phone won't open.

Can you please elaborate on this?

• JCB1
    JCB1
    Community Member

I purchased a license years ago and have used 1Password both on my computer and 1Phone. Recently I haven't been able to access 1Password on my phone (just says 'please try again'). I reached out to you and it was suggested I upgrade to 1Password 7, which I did. I am still not able to open 1Password on my phone (same message 'please try again').

• @JCB1

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the message?

▷ How to take a screenshot

If the image contains any sensitive info that you're comfortable sharing with us, but not comfortable sharing publicly, please email it to us at support+forum@1password.com. You'll get an automated email reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• JCB1
    JCB1
    Community Member

Here it is.

• @JCB1

Thank you for the screenshot. That would seemingly indicate that you are not entering the correct Master Password. If you're able to unlock 1Password on your computer, and all of your data is available to you there, then I'd suggest uninstalling & reinstalling 1Password on the phone. After uninstalling you can download a fresh copy here. Once you do so you'll need to re-establish syncing:

Sync your 1Password data

Then you'd use the same Master Password you use on your computer to unlock 1Password on your iPhone.

Ben

• JCB1
    JCB1
    Community Member

Thanks. Did this. Reinstalling now and got the message 'CloudKit access was denied by user settings'.

• JCB1
    JCB1
    Community Member

On my Mac it is showing sync primary vault with iCloud

• That would indicate that iCloud Drive may not be enabled: https://support.1password.com/icloud-troubleshooting/#step-3-check-icloud-settings
    Please check those settings and make sure it is turned on and the 1Password app has access.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.