A few vault questions on iOS

reck
reck
Community Member

I have a 1Password membership.

I created a new vault on my iPhone. It contains no data, how do I delete it?

When I created the new vault it allowed me to select an icon to represent the vault. How can I change the icon once the vault has been created?

How do I create a vault outside my membership that just lives on my phone (no syncing)? Can I have more than one of these types of vaults?

Can these local vaults have a different password to my standard vaults?

Thanks

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @reck!

I created a new vault on my iPhone. It contains no data, how do I delete it?

You can delete a vault in the 1Password.com web app. It is currently not possible to do this directly from the iOS app.

When I created the new vault it allowed me to select an icon to represent the vault. How can I change the icon once the vault has been created?

You can do this too in the 1Password.com web app:

How do I create a vault outside my membership that just lives on my phone (no syncing)?

In 1Password for iOS, select Settings > Vaults > Enable Standalone Vaults at the bottom of the screen (you might need to scroll if you already have several vaults in the app).

Can I have more than one of these types of vaults?

Yes.

Can these local vaults have a different password to my standard vaults?

Yes they can. However, you will still keep opening the 1Password app with one password, you won't have to enter all of them every time you want to unlock the app.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi ana,

With the local vault, I clicked the enable standalone vault button, entered my master password but then it asks how I want to sync it, Dropbox etc and no option to not sync.

I don’t want to sync it so I clicked the back to vaults button and I can see a local vault called Primary has been created anyway.

Is this the correct way to create a local vault without syncing?

How do I rename this vault to something other than primary?

I can’t see how to create additional local vaults. I see a sync additional vault button but that appears to be when you want to sync a vault from Dropbox.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@reck:

Is this the correct way to create a local vault without syncing?

Yes, that is the correct way :+1:

How do I rename this vault to something other than primary?

The Primary vault is a special one: it's the only one that cannot be renamed. Additional standalone vaults can be named however you wish, but the Primary vault is an exception.

I can’t see how to create additional local vaults. I see a sync additional vault button but that appears to be when you want to sync a vault from Dropbox.

I don't believe it's possible to create more than one local vault in 1Password for iOS. It is possible in 1Password for Mac though, should you need to use more than one local vault.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

OK that's a bit more limited then, only a single vault and it can't be renamed. OK not great but at least it's something.

This is on iOS by the way, no mac.

Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@reck:

Indeed, the 1Password desktop apps allow you to do more advanced configuration than the mobile apps.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.