Unable to set up 1P on iPad (Check your email and secret key)

matzo
matzo
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to set up 1Password on an iPad, which I have reset to factory default, and I am using a family membership.

I think the iPad may have previously had 1Password installed, but cant recall, I reset it to factory default before checking.

The iPad is version 10.3.4 and has 1P version 7.5.2 installed.

When I scan the QR code, generated from my Mac, or another iPad, I get an error message in red text - "Check your email and secret key".

I have doubled check both via logging into a Browser version of 1P (2FA is enabled), and the credentials are correct.

Also the iPad I am trying to set up, the sign-in address only gets populated with the following "My", not the full URL. I manually fill in the rest of the required URL - https://my.1password.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.4
Sync Type: Family Membership

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020

@matzo

https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/

To use an account, 1Password requires iOS 12.2 or later and using version 7 of the app. Earlier versions of the app are not supported for accounts. I wish I had better news for you.

• matzo
    matzo
    Community Member

Thanks ag_Tommy,

It was a very old iPad, and I had assumed I had 1P on it previously, but I could have been mistaken.

I checked the URL you provided, and I see that 1Password 6 requires iOS 9.3 or later.

Is it possible to still access 1Password 6?

Cheers!

• @matzo

I am not sure if 1Password 6 is available through previous purchases in the App Store. For that to be an option, you would have had to purchase it when it was still being sold. It is no longer for sale. I would encourage you to look at a newer device as soon as possible. By today's standards, it's very old, and the OS it's using is outdated. In today's world, accessing the internet with that device would be inadvisable. I know many people do just that. But as a security company, we don't recommend doing that.

I suspect you had a much older version of 1Password on the device, and it was using data before your membership.

1Password 6 would not be able to access any membership data.

• matzo
    matzo
    Community Member

Ok, Thanks...that all makes sense. Happy for you to close this ticket out. Cheers again!

• Glad to help out! But unfortunately, it ended with a less than desired outcome.

This discussion has been closed.