Switch off 'Require Master Password'

Options
LaForce
LaForce
Community Member

Is there a way to switch the 'Require Master Password' for Touch-ID feature OFF?

And please: I am not interested in comments about the advantages of this feature or how to secure my computer, honestly ;)

thanks
andy
PS: And would it be possible that the support form save my last entries on 1PW-Version, Extension, OS-version and Sync Type?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: What's this?
Referrer: forum-search:Require Master Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @LaForce

Is there a way to switch the 'Require Master Password' for Touch-ID feature OFF?

There is not.

And please: I am not interested in comments about the advantages of this feature or how to secure my computer, honestly

Understood. We'll skip that part then. :)

And would it be possible that the support form save my last entries on 1PW-Version, Extension, OS-version and Sync Type?

As far as I'm aware the forum software (Vanilla Forums) doesn't have any sort of backend that would enable us to do that. Even if there were, I'm not sure that would be advantageous, as these are things that are likely to change over time. The next time you start a thread there is a reasonable chance the version information will be in need of an update.

Ben

• LaForce
    LaForce
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben
    thanks for your note... (which is too sad).

And I don't know, how rich you are, but I - for one - usually don't buy a new machine within two threads :) ... I just thought: Hey - it's 2020, everybody is talking about AR, VR and AI, so there's a slight chance to get SSBT (safe some basic text) in modern browsers as well ... ;)

• Ben
    Options

And I don't know, how rich you are, but I - for one - usually don't buy a new machine within two threads :)

I have a Scrooge McDuck-like pool of MacBook Pros. ;) No, I'm kidding, of course. The version information changes much more frequently than most people change computers though. We tend to release an update for 1Password roughly every other month, and so the version of 1Password that you're using hopefully changes roughly as often. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.