Have 5 licenses in 1P v6 - how to give wife her own log-in?

Going around in circles in your support area trying to find an explanation of what "You have 5 licenses" actually means and how to use it so my wife can begin using 1P v6.
Is a license simply the ability to add the same account and the same vault on multiple devices, using the same log-in (in which case she sees my vault and I see hers) or can she have her own log-in?
If she has her own log-in, please point me to instructions on how to set her up using my license.
Related question: Trying to log into Agilebits calls for a secret key, which I don't seem to have. Is that relevant for my legacy license type? If a security key is necessary to add my wife's log-in, please let me know how to find it as all the instructions on your site don't apply to my set-up.
Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Have 5 licenses in 1P v6 - how to give wife her own log-in?

Comments

• Hi @ThomD

1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being updated. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend, and support will be limited. That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you. As things continue to evolve around the now retired v6 it will be less and less practical to continue using it. For example, the Safari 13 uses an all new extension framework, and as such will not work with v6.

That said, I'd be interested to hear more about what you're trying to accomplish. Is the intention to have just one dataset, two entirely separate datasets, or would it be desirable to have some data that is unique to each of you while some is shared? The recommendation on how to proceed would depend on the answer to that.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.