Hello all, is there an option to unlock 1pw whenever I launch my browser?

Options
nilsus
nilsus
Community Member

Whenever I go to the internet (meaning usually starting my browser). 1password is enabled as an extension in Safari, Firefox or whatever browser, but I always have to set my password – understandable but bothersome. Sitting in front of my own Mac, I do not need this security measure. Any work-around?
Mac Catalina, latest.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browser login

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@nilsus

Based upon your comment I would think you are running 1Password X. Can you let us know the version of the extension you're using?

• nilsus
    nilsus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am using 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (700002) an Macs. My browsers are all latest versions, e.g. Firefox v76.0.1

• nilsus
    nilsus
    Community Member
    Options

ah, sorry, the extension is 1Password X v1.19.1

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020
    Options

@nilsus

Sweet! There are two options available to you.

1. Change to the Companion App Extension, which does not require entering the Master Password when you access it. Non-1Password X type.

https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers

2. If betas are an option for you, then you can enable the 1Password betas and 1Password X betas. Doing so will allow Desktop App Integration. * The standard beta disclaimers apply, newer cutting edge, maybe less tested. That said, I use every beta. Many other people in the forum do the same. Beta's are not everyone's cup of tea, and we understand that. For those individuals, I would recommend changing over to the Companion App Extension.

1Password Support: Turn on 1Password for Mac beta builds

How to install the 1Password X beta in Chrome or Firefox

• Please be sure only to have one version of the extension (1Password X, or traditional) enabled at any given time in the browser.

edit: fix link

• nilsus
    nilsus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, and thanks for the tips; I meantime have installed the betas on desktop = 1Password 7 Version 7.5.1.BETA-0 (70501000)
    and Firefox/Chrome. However, the browser 2 desktop interaction seems not be working, the browser add on says "connection to a desktop app not possible" (translation from my German version).
    Anything I can / should do?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@nilsus

Try restarting both the 1Password and the browser.

1. Quit the browser.
    2. Open 1Password. Press the following keys simultaneously. ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Open 1Password and Unlock.
    4. Open the browser and check for proper operation.

You did not specifically mention your extension version, but please make sure you are on the beta of 1Password X. That's often a cause of connection issues.

• nilsus
    nilsus
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, super, this made it -- thank you very much!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Tommy you're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.