Want to save "1Password Vault" file from iPhone

Iskau
Iskau
Community Member

I forgot password and want to save "1Password Vault" file from my iPhone before I reinstall 1Password. I used fingerprint for a while and when i added a finger in fingerprint, 1Password wanted password again. Maybe i remember later.
It stopped syncing with Dropbox some time ago so the version i dropbox is to old.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 13.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I forgot password and want to save "1Password Vault" file from my iPhone before I reinstall. I used fingerprint. Maybe i remember later.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Iskau! Welcome to the forum!

So is all your 1Password data just inside your iPhone? You don't have this data on another device (such as a Mac, for example) or a backup, is that correct?

• Iskau
    Iskau
    Community Member

Yes only on my iPhone because it stopped syncing. I miss more than half a year.

• @Iskau,

And to be clear: you do not know your Master Password? Unfortunately without that it wouldn't be possible to decrypt your data. I would recommend trying the suggestions in this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

1Password is intentionally designed so that:

1. We never have access to your Master Password
    2. Your Master Password is required to decrypt your data

As such, we have no way to assist in giving you (or anyone else) access to your data. The only way into it is by remembering the correct Master Password. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you are able to remember the password, and that the suggestions in the above guide are helpful.

Ben

• Iskau
    Iskau
    Community Member

All I want to know is how to find and copy the encrypted file from my iPhone to a PC.

• @Iskau

I'm not aware of a way to do that without the Master Password, but I've asked my colleagues to see if there is a solution that we could support. I'll let you know when I hear back. :)

Ben

• @Iskau

I just spoke with one of our developers who confirmed what I said above: there isn't a supported way to get even the encrypted data from 1Password without the Master Password. The ways to do so would be to sync (e.g. with Dropbox) or to make a backup. Both of these options generate an encrypted copy of the vault which can then be obtained from your computer, but both require the correct Master Password.

It may be possible to obtain the SQLite file that 1Password for iOS uses directly, but that would require a 3rd party utility. If you want to try something along those lines then the tips we have here may help:

Restore 1Password data from an iTunes backup of 1Password 4 or later

Beyond what is outlined there we don't have the ability to assist with 3rd party utilities like iExplorer, but perhaps that will be enough to get you started? I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.