If I update a password that is being shared with the team, will it update the password for everyone

I want to setup a small team for work, and I would like to know if one of us changes the password, will it update that password for all team members?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If I update a password that is being shared with the team, will it update the password for everyone

Comments

• Hi @lydiablanton

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. Thank you for taking the time to register and ask your question.

I would like to know if one of us changes the password, will it update that password for all team members?

You can configure it either way, but that is certainly a possibility, yes. By default each team will have a Shared vault, which is accessible to everyone invited to the team, and then each team member also will have their own Private vault which only they can see. If items are saved in the Shared vault, then as those items are updated everyone will see those updates. If people are saving things in their Private vault, then nobody else will see them. There is also middle ground if you'd like to share items with some people but not everyone by creating additional vaults and sharing them as appropriate:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• lydiablanton
    lydiablanton
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick reply, Ben. I've been trying out some others, and just not finding what works best for us, as in shared/updated passwords for our busy team with over 1,000 logins. I'm hopeful that this is the one! Have a great day!

• Thanks, and you as well. :) We appreciate you giving 1Password a try.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.