Why isn't 1Password automatically popping up as I create a username and password at a new website?

Why do I sometimes see the 1Password icon in login fields and why do I sometimes not? Also, how the heck do I get to the password generator when 1Password isn't automatically popping up and I'm forced to engage the Chrome extension? I can't find the PW Generator anywhwere! Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Majave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why isn't 1Password automatically popping up to suggest a password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AtLeastItsSunny! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please confirm the exact 1Password browser extension version that you have installed? In your post you wrote that you are using 4.7.5.90, but you posted in the 1Password X forum section, which is a different extension (currently on version 1.19.1). Which one of the two are you currently using?

• AtLeastItsSunny
    AtLeastItsSunny
    Community Member

My apologies. I copied the extension version directly from my computer today, so that is definitely the extension version I have installed in my Chrome browser. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AtLeastItsSunny:

Thank you for the confirmation. You can get to the password generator right after clicking on the 1Password browser extension button in your browser, and clicking on the + Generate Password button:

Can you also give us an example of a website where 1Password works for you, and one where it doesn't, so we can test them? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.