IOS app not filling in credit card info

carrickp
carrickp
Community Member

Using the 1Password IOS app on my iPad Pro 12.9 (latest versions of all software) the app no longer will fill out credit card information, at least not reliably. It usually just asks me to scan my credit card. I don’t want to go to that trouble; I want to use the stored information. If I go to the Safari browser box with the up arrow (the “share” box), select 1Password and tap the credit card I want to use, the screen just disappears and it does not fill in the credit card information. Password information seems to work fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @carrickp

I'm sorry to hear 1Password isn't filling as expected for you. Could you please provide an example of a site where this is happening?

Ben

• carrickp
    carrickp
    Community Member

Sure. Last time it happened was this morning, ordering this item. https://krentzstringworks.com/product/krentz-endpin/

• Thanks @carrickp. Unforunately it looks like you're running up against a known limitation of the share sheet extension. This is one of the reasons we were so happy to see the iOS autofill feature opened up so that we could integrate with it. Unfortunately 3rd party providers such as ourselves are still not able to supply credit card information to autofill. We're hopeful that'll be expanded in the future.

If you're interested in the details... it appears this site is using an iframe element to bring in the credit card form from their payment processor. This is fairly standard practice, but on iOS we have no way of "looking into" these iframes safely. As such, we cannot fill details into them.

You can see an example of a page that does not use an iframe here:
    https://alliedfp.securepayments.cardpointe.com/pay?total=0.00

I tested filling a demo credit card there, and that still appears to be working as expected. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here. As I say, hopefully in the future autofill will be expanded so that apps such as 1Password can supply credit card information, which would resolve this issue. Until then copy & paste would be the best solution. I'm sorry there isn't a better answer for right now.

Ben

• carrickp
    carrickp
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. That clears it up, at least. Glad it's being worked on.

• You're very welcome. Just to clarify though: it isn't something that is actively being worked on by us. We would need the autofill APIs to be expanded to allow apps such as ours to provide credit card information before we could start that work. That has not happened at this point. We're crossing our fingers for an announcement at this year's WWDC conference, which is happening next month.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.