Bug Report: 1Password Firefox Extension causes webpage to load forever in blank screen on Nightly

Since the Firefox Nightly update I activate on 20th May, my webpages were unable to load when though they are connected, and it didn't work after restoring old Firefox profile after doing a refresh on Firefox.

So I tried next to disable and narrow down the add-on causing the issue and found that the page loads after 1Password extension is disabled. The issue comes back if I re-enable it again.

Extension details
version 4.7.5.90

Firefox Browser details
Firefox Nightly version 78.0a1 (2020-05-19) 64-bit

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.10024)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• FelisAlpha
    FelisAlpha
    Community Member

Update: Just found that Ad-Blocker for Youtube also causes the same issue specifically with Youtube page. Filing an issue with Mozilla.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the report, @FelisAlpha! I haven't seen the same behavior with Firefox Nightly on macOS (I'm not on the Windows team, and I don't have my hard drive with a Windows VM handy at the moment). You mentioned that this happened on an old profile that you had restored. Are you able to reproduce the same issue on a brand new profile as well? Based on your second comment, it sounds like a fix would likely come from Mozilla, but I figured I'd ask just in case there's anything I can report on the 1Password side of things.

• tb2thee
    tb2thee
    Community Member

I just stumbled onto the same problem. Firefox Nightly 78.0a1 (2020-05-19) running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287). All other browsers work, but FFN not at all: it indicates that data is being received but it never loads. I did all the usual stuff (clearing all local stored data, restarting, rebooting, etc), which didn't work, then disabled all my add-ons. Alone or in combination with others, the one add-on that consistently correlated with pages not loading was 1P's.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

Hey @tb2thee! Unfortunately, I didn't make it in time to test the build you mentioned. By the time I saw the first post in this thread, my Firefox Nightly version was already at 78.0a1 (2020-05-20). Have you by chance updated to that build by now? And if so, can you reproduce the issue there?

• FelisAlpha
    FelisAlpha
    Community Member

Oh Hi, I have forgotten about this support case. I have already moved on to use 1Password X instead and has no problem since on FFN. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome @FelisAlpha, and thank you for the update :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.