Citi (USA) login no longer works?

Options

Worked last month, now it loads username but I can't get latest stable extension 1PX (Chrome) to fill the password—maybe a screen change due to COVID-19 or something. Could you please check this for me? Thanks in advance for any info and/or assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@williakz

What login page are you using? I was able to fill the page using both the beta and the stable 1Password X extension.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your quick response, @ag_tommy.

The site I'm going to is: online.citi.com/US

The Citi screen with login fields comes up then refreshes itself in 5 seconds or so. When I click in User ID field, I get the 1PX icon which, when clicked, correctly displays in a drop down the 1Password entry for my Citi account. When I then click the entry suggested, the User ID field is correctly filled in, but nothing goes in the Password field. If I click in the Password field, I get a "Use Suggested Password" that appears to be one of yours (generated), not the one I entered into 1P when setting up the account access for Citi.

I hope all that's clear. If not, please let me know what additional info you require.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@williakz

Perfectly clear. :)

The site address I have stored is https://online.citi.com/US/login.do I am unable to access a page for https://online.citi.com/US. I recall an earlier issue that was fixed to the best of my knowledge. Can you verify you are using 1Password X 1.19.1?

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, you are correct. I forgot the 'login.do' ending. That is just what I have in my 1P entry for my Citi account. When I type in the full address, I get the page display followed by a refresh as I described previously. User ID/Password behavior is also the same as before.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @williakz ,
    I also tested Citi's website and it autofilled both fields for me, but since I just saved a new login for it now, it probably worked better than the login you're currently using (maybe the website did change something?).

Please try deleting this login from your 1Password, then save a new one after manually filling in your username and password. Refresh the page after saving, and test autofilling.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Yaron, that did the trick! Looks like Citi has that "friendly" User ID masking where they x-out middle characters for display. I've had trouble with these before as 1P sometimes saved the masked ID instead of the original. This time around, 1PX/Chrome was somehow overriding Citi's masking (I only saw my original, unmasked User ID displayed). Once I updated 1P with the masked ID and manually input Password, things worked fine. Thanks for your and @ag_tommy's assistance with this annoyance.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, Citi's website is known for their unorthodox login form here ;)

I'm glad to hear things are working properly now. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.