I'd like my "Use Suggested Password" to be stronger, is that possible?

Hello

When I try to sign up to a new website, or change my existing password on some website, I get this really nice pop-up:

The problem is, that suggested password is never to my liking. I want my password to be 40 characters (no symbols, just letters and numbers, different casing).

Is there a way to tell 1Password to suggest such passwords to me? Or perhaps have it read from how I have my password generator set up?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

Hi @Ciwan!

The suggested password generator and the full password generator are currently separate. The idea of the suggested password is to create secure passwords that work out of the box with the majority of websites, without requiring user interaction. If you prefer to have better control over the generated passwords, you can certainly use the full password generator.

Having said this, we are always looking at ways to improve this behavior, so your feedback is very useful :+1: :)

• Ciwan
    Ciwan
    Community Member

Thank you ag_ana, I do think such a feature would be great, thanks for taking the feedback onbaord.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Ciwan! If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know :+1:

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.