1Password Account Management in Command-Line

ComputrExPrt
ComputrExPrt
Community Member

The 1Password CLI Tool allows me to edit user (op edit user) and when i run op get user i get this {"uuid":"K5X6LZLY4VFJBMH34YKZVZ3LM4","createdAt":"2020-05-20T02:50:18Z","updatedAt":"2020-05-21T19:15:22Z","lastAuthAt":"2020-05-22T03:23:38Z","email":"Redacted by me","firstName":"Redacted by me","lastName":"","attrVersion":25,"keysetVersion":5,"state":"A","type":"R","avatar":"itfcksxrsng7tiirpd7bjwzy7q.png","language":"en","accountKeyFormat":"","accountKeyUuid":"","combinedPermissions":68719476495}

and there is a Last Name and first name field ("lastName":"" and "firstName":"") but how do i edit the lastName on my 1Password User Account?????

1Password Version: 1.0
Extension Version: No idea
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Membership

Comments

• Hi @ComputrExPrt

I've been doing some testing with this, and at present, I don't think it is possible to change just the lastName. You can change the user's name by doing:

op edit user UUID --name "FULL NAME"

This will set the firstName to FULL NAME and empty the lastName field, which works, but then you don't have a separation between first and last name. I'm going to file an issue with our development team to see if that is intentional, or if there is a better way we can handle that in the future.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: dev/b5/op#649

• ComputrExPrt
    ComputrExPrt
    Community Member

Thanks for the info
    it just annoys me seeing firstName and then lastName not filled.

• ComputrExPrt
    ComputrExPrt
    Community Member

just a little

• Understood. My initial impression here from taking a look at the plans for this is that we may be moving toward a single "name" field, instead of separate "first name" and "last name" fields. Hopefully we can get some additional clarity on that as we move forward though. :)

Ben

• ComputrExPrt
    ComputrExPrt
    Community Member

i get that because when you sign up for 1Password on the 1password.com it has one name field to type in (What should we call you?)
    instead of separate "First Name" and "Last Name" fields, just a big name field. i kinda get it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

i get that because when you sign up for 1Password on the 1password.com it has one name field to type in

Indeed :+1:

This discussion has been closed.