1pw does not fill out password

Hi; I now have at least one account (logins) which does not enter the correct password when 'autofill' or 'go' is used or when it is pressed when the cursor is on the password field. In one case it looks like it enters the userid instead of the password. This is using Chrome browser. Don't know what to do.

Second, it is very annoying to have to enter the password every time i start the browser or 1pw itself. I have set the timeout to some time i like, but that is apparently not used. Really annoying if i start 1pw app, type the password and then invoke it from the browser only to be asked for the password all over.

Finally, why does your web page display text such that the light grey on white makes it virtually impossible for my old eyes to read! Things used to be black on white, but now the fad seems to be to make things less and less legible! Next you'll probably make the font size smaller and smaller so that we can't even see that something is written!

Regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1pw does not fill out password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hjhermans!

Hi; I now have at least one account (logins) which does not enter the correct password when 'autofill' or 'go' is used or when it is pressed when the cursor is on the password field. In one case it looks like it enters the userid instead of the password. This is using Chrome browser. Don't know what to do.

What website is this happening with? Can you share a URL with us?

Second, it is very annoying to have to enter the password every time i start the browser or 1pw itself. I have set the timeout to some time i like, but that is apparently not used. Really annoying if i start 1pw app, type the password and then invoke it from the browser only to be asked for the password all over.

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using? From what you wrote, it sounds like you installed 1Password X, which locks every time you close your browser because it does not communicate with the desktop app.

Finally, why does your web page display text such that the light grey on white makes it virtually impossible for my old eyes to read!

Can you point us to the specific webpage? Thank you!

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member
    1. The website is https://leplb0640.upoint.alight.com/web/unisys/login?forkPage=false#/ I have both a username and pw registered. When i answer the login, i can't read the username but think it is the password and it does not fill in a password.
    2. I think you are correct in believing i have somehow installed 1pw X in my chrome browser. It's never been clear to me what that version is. How do i get the one i am supposed to use?
    3. The page where i click on my username which tries to show me all correspondence i have had with you. The Notifications page seems to do the same.

Thanks for the help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hjhermans:

I think you are correct in believing i have somehow installed 1pw X in my chrome browser. It's never been clear to me what that version is. How do i get the one i am supposed to use?

You can download the companion browser extension from here. Please give that a try and see if you are able to fill both username and password fields with that one (I have just tested that website myself and both fields were filled for me).

The page where i click on my username which tries to show me all correspondence i have had with you. The Notifications page seems to do the same.

Can you give us a URL for this page too? Thank you!

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

Corrected the 1pw x issue. Deleted it and installed the correct extension. Tried the tried to access the Unisys site again. Both fields (uname, pw) are filled out but but cannot be read. Log in fails and advises that the values are erroneous and that i only have a limited nr of retries before they lock me out. Tried entering the values manually (looking at what they are in 1pw) and logged in without problem.

The two pages i'm referring to are really the same. It is the notification/discussions page. However, i note that now the text, even though light, has been changed to blue and so is much more legible. Thanks if you caused that.

Trying around like this, I also noted that sometimes when i click on the GO to access a website, 1pw loads the page, fills out the id and pw and then acts as though the 'login' is pressed and logs me in. Other times it only fills out the id and pw and leaves me to invoke the login button. Is this a setting i can adjust?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hjhermans:

Tried entering the values manually (looking at what they are in 1pw) and logged in without problem.

Are you able to login if you copy and paste these items from 1Password, instead of typing them manually? If you are able to login, it's possible that the website is doing something to prevent password managers to work on its page.

Other times it only fills out the id and pw and leaves me to invoke the login button

1Password should never automatically submit the information for you. Can you give us an example of a website where this is happening to you?

This discussion has been closed.