1pw4 doubleclick to open in brave?

I have the Brave extension for 1pw4 installed and Brave is now my default browser but when I doubleclick the login in 1pw4, the url is still set up in Firefox. How can I set it to open in Brave?

1Password Version: 4.7.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @simonides!

Please try following these instructions from my colleague Greg and let us know how it goes :)

• simonides
    simonides
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

No, that doesn't work as I want. I have Double-click set to Open the URL in web browser. I have to select one of the three options: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Thunderbird. When I doubleclick the URL is opened in the one selected. I need it to open in my default browser. I've seen elsewhere that 1pw4 supports Firefox, Opera, Brave and Vivaldi but can't work out how to open an URL in any of these other than Firefox as Opera, Brave and Vivaldi are not available in 1pw4 Preferences | General. If I could double-click to open in the default browser I'd be happy, as I could set to that be Opera, Brave or Vivaldi.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@simonides:

Thank you for the confirmation. 1Password 4 is very old now and has not been updated in years, so it's possible that Brave support was implemented in a later update. I know that 1Password 7 for Windows (our latest version) supports the Brave browser, so if that is an important aspect for you, I suggest upgrading to 1Password 7.

• simonides
    simonides
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

So is there ANY way to open a login link in a browser other than Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (not Thunderbird as I inadvertently entered in my earlier post)? Is there ANY way to open a link in the Windows default browser?

• simonides
    simonides
    Community Member

Anyone?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@simonides:

So is there ANY way to open a login link in a browser other than Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox

Yes, this should work in the latest 1Password 7 app. If the old 1Password 4 app does not show you the option to choose other browsers, those are probably the only ones that it was able to support.

• simonides
    simonides
    Community Member

ok, thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @simonides! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.