Unable to Sync between Devices and iCloud

larannem
larannem
Community Member

I am unable to sync between my iPhone and iCloud Drive.. Unfortunately, I setup 1Password on my iPhone before my Mac. 1Password on my Mac does not have a Sync option in the Preferences, 1Password on my iPhone does not have a Sync option in Settings, and 1Password is not listed under "Apps using iCloud" on my iPhone. Do I need to start over? If so, how?
Thank you for any help you can provide!

1Password Version: 7.5 Mac, 7.5.2 iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6 Mac, 13.4.1 iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @larannem

Do you have a membership through 1Password? If so that would explain your missing sync tab. With memberships all syncing is done by the application and there are no user configurable options. Which negates the need to show the sync tab.

1Password.com syncing does not use iCloud or iCloud Drive. What kinds of problems are you having?

• larannem
    larannem
    Community Member

I do have a membership. I have over 90 logins in iCloud/on my Mac that don't show up in iPassword iOS, iPassword on my Mac, or iPassword.com.

• @larannem

Gotcha. Thanks for the additional information. 1Password memberships don't use iCloud. Instead 1Password itself is the sync service. To sync the data from your Mac to your other devices please make sure you've added your membership account to the Mac (1Password > Preferences > Accounts), and then move the data you're missing from the Primary vault to the Personal vault. Once complete the Primary vault should be deleted:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

You shouldn't see a 'sync' tab in 1Password's preferences once everything is set up properly. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• larannem
    larannem
    Community Member

I tried what you recommended above, but it said that this account is already setup. In Vaults, I only have a Personal.
    The bulk of my logins is still stuck on my Mac. Any other suggestions? Would it be easier if I erase 1Password from everything and start over? Or, would that just cause a problem with my Master Key? Thanks-Laranne

• @larannem

In Vaults, I only have a Personal.

The only vault you see in 1Password for Mac is Personal? There is no vault called 'Primary' on the Mac? If that's the case I'm not sure I understand this statement:

"I have over 90 logins in iCloud/on my Mac"

Where are you seeing those 90 logins? Please let me know. :)

Ben

• larannem
    larannem
    Community Member

Hi Ben - the 90 logins I am referring to are on my iPhone (Settings>Passwords & Accounts>Website & App Passwords), and on my Mac Book in my iCloud Keychain.
    Laranne

• @larannem

Thank you for clarifying. If you'd like to import the passwords from iCloud Keychain please follow the instructions in this post on your Mac:

Moving to 1Password from another password manager — 1Password Forum

Once the items have been imported into 1Password you'll want to delete them from iCloud Keychain so as to avoid confusion. I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.