Sync Options Without DB

Options
Motinez_Mardesto
Motinez_Mardesto
Community Member

Good Morning!

Long time 1Password user, first time poster! My question is on the subject of syncing at it relates to Dropbox. In the past I've used Dropbox to sync across multiple devices and platforms including my iMac, iPad, laptop and Android phone and it has performed great. I'd prefer not to use Dropbox any longer as I don't want to have to upgrade and pay the fee for having 3+ devices. With that, what are my other options to sync and how do they work across the different platforms?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Motinez_Mardesto

We no longer recommend using 3rd party sync solutions for 1Password. Instead, we offer a 1Password membership service, which not only syncs your data but also gives you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices. You can read more about that here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Motinez_Mardesto
    Motinez_Mardesto
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben! Thank you for your reply. I apologize, I failed to mention that I do have the membership but haven't been able to find that sync option. Within the Android app, I deselected the Dropbox sync option, but it doesn't appear to be syncing automatically. I've also selected "None" in the sync option for the 1Password 6 app on my iMac. What am I missing?

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Motinez_Mardesto

With a membership, the sync option is not within the app, as it happens automatically. It sounds as if you still have a Primary vault on these devices. When you set up your membership, all of your data should have been migrated/imported into your membership vault, and then the Primary would have been removed.

Start by making sure all of your data is within your account vault (Private), and then remove the Primary. https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

• mrm312
    mrm312
    Community Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Disregard post, i was able to find the answers I needed. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.