Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lozenge3047! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password app and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using? And what browser is this happening with?

• Lozenge3047
    Lozenge3047
    Community Member

Chrome Extension Version 1.19.1
    Chrome 64 Bit Version 81.0.4044.138
    Windows 10 Pro x64

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lozenge3047:

Thank you for the confirmation. I wanted to test that website but unfortunately it looks like I am not allowed to visit it:

Is the website reachable for you?

• Lozenge3047
    Lozenge3047
    Community Member

Yup the website is reachable. The error message is likely some form of Geo IP block (an antiquated practice that's very common in this country).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Lozenge3047:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tried accessing that website with a VPN but unfortunately I still get the same access denied message :(

• Lozenge3047
    Lozenge3047
    Community Member

Unfortunately I don't really have an answer to that. It's very likely some form of IP blocking and I doubt there's any other explanation. The site has been up without issues (it's the country's biggest bank and unlikely it could go down without hooha).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Lozenge3047! I was able to access the site on my end, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you experienced. Can you try saving a brand new Login for me? Here are the instructions I used:

1. Type your username and password into the proper fields.
    2. Click Save in 1Password underneath the password field.
    3. Select the correct vault, and click Save.
    4. Refresh the page.
    5. Click the new Login item you just saved underneath the username field.

I did notice something strange – the username that was saved in my item reflected as bot even though that's not what I typed in the username field. After taking a look at the code, I realized that this site has a hidden username and password field with values of "bot". My guess is that they're trying to throw off password managers, but I was still able to fill my credentials regardless. I figured I'd mention that so you weren't alarmed by it. Let me know how the above steps work out for you!

This discussion has been closed.