I add a password to 1password when I visit a site; it will take a long long time to complete

Options

Help me catch up on all my existing passwords. I will be forever getting them all inrolled as it is.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I add a password to 1password when I visit a site; it will take a long long time to complete

Comments

• GFrothingham
    GFrothingham
    Community Member
    Options

This is the first hurdle for me; in two weeks I have enrolled only the few passwords that I use in 14 fairly quiet days; this is not good enough. Can i import or use some other shortcut? Otherwise, this is not worth the trouble for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GFrothingham! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please elaborate on your setup a little bit?

Can i import or use some other shortcut?

Do you have your passwords stored somewhere already, outside of 1Password?

• GFrothingham
    GFrothingham
    Community Member
    Options

Passwords are in browsers

• GFrothingham
    GFrothingham
    Community Member
    Options

Also in MacBook Key feature on iCloud

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @GFrothingham ,

You can import passwords from other places into 1Password as follows: https://support.1password.com/import/
    However, if Safari is your main browser and you use iCloud Keychain to store your passwords, then I'm afraid it is not as simple.

If that is the case, then I suggest the following method:
    1. When you get to a website you need to log into, autofill it with Safari's suggestion.
    2. Instead of logging into your account, stay on that login page with the username and password filled in.
    3. Save it as a new login as described in step #3 here: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

That will save the username and password in your 1Password immediately, and you'll be able to use 1Password to autofill on that website from now on. The best thing about this method is that you don't need to spend days on moving your passwords from Safari to 1Password, but instead you simply keep working regularly, and when you come across a website that you don't have in 1Password yet, then simply save it in 1Password with the steps above. Eventually, you'll have all your passwords stored in 1Password.

I hope that'll help :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.